Sunday, December 18, 2011

From the UK with love



Yesterday afternoon I discovered a lovely surprise sitting at the front door, it had been delivered the day before and missed. An unexpected parcel from an old family friend in England. Oh my, what goodness!

I have a soft spot for the UK (you may have read here) I can often be found checking out the cute British wares at this webshop. But here was our very own special bundle of UK love.



For the children. We love these Katie books, have you seen them? We have not seen this one before. There was lots of excitement.



This beautiful enamel plate is a copy of a 16th century porcelain design. So pretty. Perfect for biscuits, the next time someone comes to tea.



And this gorgeous library bag. Lined in pink (yay) for extra strength. Screenprinted, embroidered and sequins. This mummy is one happy lady. I was desperate for a new library bag. Things really aren't the same when you carry your borrowed books around in a Coles green bag!

I have bought most of my own Christmas presents this year (have you?) I am really happy with the loveliness that awaits me on Christmas morning. But there really is something to be said for surprises.

2 comments:

  1. British memorabilia and styling is always so crisp and lovely. We spent many years in England and I'm so glad I bought lots of mementos as they suit our home so well.

    What a kind friend you have! Merry Christmas to you! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...