Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mint tea anyone?


(these are the exact tea glasses that I bought and are sitting in my cupboard, however I am far too tired to be snapping pictures of them tonight)

Inspired by tales of Marrakech on Lobster and Swan's beautiful blog. I bought this book today.

My mum will be very happy, as her copy has been living on my bookshelves for the last year and a half! More than just a good cookbook (I have cooked many things from it), the photography is amazing. At once, am transported back in time, twisting through the dusty, narrow streets of the medina, very hot and very happy. This book really captures the soul of the country.

I was in Morocco a few lifetimes ago. I remember, a relaxing afternoon in Essaouira. My friends and I had just spent 4 hours drinking mint tea in a rug shop and now sat, slightly defeated, in a small, shaded square, eating sweet pastries and drinking cafe lattes. Some Europeans on another table, started strumming guitars and singing. For a long time we sat in the fading afternoon light, we watched the busy daily lives of the locals as we listened to the music. Mr Moo and I were just friends then, but I knew, then, in that moment, that I would bring him here. To this beautiful and spellbinding country.

And one day I will. Because if you don't have dreams, you have nothing.

Moroccan Travel Warning: if you spend 1 month drinking cafe latte's, it may turn you off them for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...