Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Made



Searching through some photos last night I realised that I had not shared these photos of my Family Hearts. Inspired by The Family Heart project in Amanda's book, I made them the day after receiving my copy of the book in the post.



This is unusual for me. I am a procrastinator by nature and often start projects, but don't finish them. So to have made not one, but four Family Hearts over a day or two, is really saying something.

I was just so inspired by this simple and beautiful project.



In case you are wondering what this is all about, here is a quote from the book:

"This Family Heart project was created as a small token of family, love and connection that loved ones can carry with them as they leave the family to pursue their own adventures. With a little pocket for love notes, the stuffed family heart can be wonderfully comforting and a soft reminder of the family love we all carry with us - regardless of our physical space from one another ."



Amanda makes only one heart in her book, but I made one for each of us. As my children are small and often a sleepover means going off to Grandma's together, I thought it would be nice if they both could snuggle into a little Family Heart of there own. And sometimes we have visited friends or relatives and Mr Moo has had to stay home because of work. In these times, we have filled his Family Heart pocket with notes and drawings. (I don't think he has been sleeping with his!) This is a beautiful way to show your children another way to express their love.

I'm also glad I could use some of my treasured vintage flannelette fabric for these little keepsakes.

1 comment:

  1. OK...so here's the deal....you can be my very own etsy Shop!!! I love these...I'll have 7 please...maybe 8. I'll also have a couple of those embroidered artworks of my childrens drawings...and more dolls/bunnies....YOU CAN MAKE MY HANDMADE HOME!!!!I'll be in touch...Love you XXX Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...