Monday, August 2, 2010

Make time for your soule


(A tooth pillow I'm hoping to complete tonight. No loose teeth yet, but Spunky Monkey is 5 and a half, so a wobbly tooth could be any time now)

Since receiving this book a few weeks ago, I have been walking around with both of Amanda's books as if they are my very own security blanket. I have been taking them with me everywhere. To the park, to the coffee shop, into the lounge room, out into the backyard, they have appeared on the breakfast table and rested by my bed.

I'm hoping that some of the family goodness contained in the pages might rub off on me. And perhaps it has. I have been stealing small pockets of time over the last busy weeks for some home sewing projects and I am extremely happy that I did.


(I made two small embroideries for my laundry)


(I hemmed up some fabric as tablecloths, the bottom three are from Ikea and the top one is vintage)


(I have finished one hot water bottle cover. This one is for Spunky Monkey)

I felt so inspired to get moving with some little projects that I'd had on my mind.

I do, of course, want to get started on some of Amanda's simple projects and I will, just as I find out where I left all of my spare time.

3 comments:

  1. I love your embroidery! The little face is soo cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those laundry room embroideries. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That embroidery looks so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...