Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Making


(My interpretation of Spunky Monkey's drawing, embroidered with white thread on taupe linen)


(The original drawing, a card made for Mr Moo on the back of a cornflake box)

Inspired once again by Meet me at Mikes, "I'm making this" I finished off this apron yesterday afternoon. I had finished the embroidery the day after craft night, but never got around to actually sitting down at the sewing machine to hem it up.

So now, happy cooking, as it is finished.

And as for my old favourite apron, well, I refuse to show a picture. Lets just say that it has seen a lot of cooking over the last 13 or so years. It is headed for the bin.

I'm also currently making a couple of birthday presents for some special little girls in my life. But for that you will need to wait a couple of weeks to see.

PS: I'm not so sure that my embroidery efforts are up to the standards of some of the other amazing crafty folk over at Meet me at Mikes. At least I am giving it a go and that's what it is all about, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. This is just beautiful - what an amazing job you have done of this !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...