Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The perfect husband


(this photo is from here. The images on this blog make me want to get married every other day!)

There has been a lot of baby talk around here of late. Not from me, from Spunky Monkey, who really wants his own baby. Will I have one? When? He even took some of his old baby things (clothes, blankets and toys) recently when I was sorting things to give away. I found them in a secret stash in his room. When I tried to put them back away in the boxes in the garage, he protested that he was saving them for his babies. He is worried that I am giving it all away and that there will be nothing for his baby.

I also had to explain to him that, he will not carry a baby in his own body, but will have a baby by getting married. This fact, he is a bit disappointed about. I am just grateful that the BIG question has not come up and neither child has asked, 'How do babies get into a mummy's tummy?'

Miss Moo Moo however, is more worried about finding a husband. After some explaining she now knows that she can not marry Daddy or Spunky Monkey. So last night we discussed a few options from Daycare.

Me: You might marry one of Spunky Monkey's friends or someone from Daycare.

Miss Moo Moo:
Not Rylan, he pushes me and pokes me in the eye. He is a meanie. Not Jacob, he just follows Maxim everywhere.


Me:
It seems like you really know what you are looking for in a good husband. Someone who makes you laugh and treats you kind.


She looked up at me and said with a smile.


Miss Moo Moo:
Hmmm, that's Maxim.

Oh to be young and in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...