Monday, August 16, 2010

Of course, there was food



This last week has been very busy. Here are some of the things we have been up to:

• We went to the school fete with Grandma and Grandpa. Bratwurst, cupcakes and cappuccino's in the sun. Seven books for $2:00! Gotta love a good school fete.

• We went out to the club with my extended family. I ordered my favourite, slow roasted pork belly served with roasted fennel, parsnips, onions, gravy and yummo potato bake. The kids treat, ice-cream with chocolate topping and chocolates from the chocolate machine.

• Last Sunday we celebrated my Dad's birthday. A barbecue at our place. Beers by the barbecue, good wine, yummy marinated chicken and sausages and a huge everything salad. After a big walk, we ended the day with chocolate birthday cake and banoffee pie.

• I caught up with old friends and new friends. Nachos for the kids, Monto Carlo biscuits and many cups of tea for us.

• Made an army size pot of bolognese sauce. Some for us, some for the freezer and some for a friend.

• Went to the hairdressers and then over to Mums for lunch. Seafood fettuccine.

• I had afternoon tea with my Granny one day. Jam drops. Morning tea with Grandma another day. Scones. Then afternoon tea with Grandma on even yet another day. Pumpkin fruit cake, still warm from the oven.

• Watched "The Graduate," snuggled under a huge blanket eating strawberries and ice-cream.

• On Friday, Miss Moo Moo and I took my Mum out to breakfast to celebrate her birthday. Breakfast by the sea. Mum and I both ate smoked salmon with poached eggs on rye bread, asparagus wrapped in prosciutto and tomato breakfast relish. Sunrise juice for Miss Moo Moo and cappuccino's for us.

• Shared gelato with Miss Moo Moo at our favourite gelateria. Mango and strawberry. The mango was to die for.

• We went out for lunch. I ate rump steak with mushroom sauce and salad in the sun with a lovely view, a lovely glass of shiraz and my lovely husband.

• And yesterday we had pizza's for lunch at Mum's restaurant. Thai, Turkish and Hawaiian for Spunky Monkey. Double chocolate and sour cherry brownies and cappuccino's.

I am hoping for a quieter week with a lot less eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...