Thursday, November 18, 2010

Just like a big hug!

I have just had one of the loveliest weeks.

My cousin came up for a visit for a few days with her three little girls (ages 1, 2 and 4) Her husband and older children were left at home to go to school and to work.





We mostly hung out at my place, which was a nice change. On Monday my aunt (her mum) and my mum came for lunch. I asked my cousin to bring a loaf of bread and mum to bring some ham. As usual with my family, we ended up with a feast. Please note our feast included freshly boiled and farm fresh bantam eggs and homemade feta cheese. Thanks Karen. We happily chatted the day away with our four little girls playing around us. Day turned into night and it was all into the bath, make-shift pajama's and a quick spaghetti bolognese for dinner.

Read more about this day in someone else's words, here.





Other things we did:

• Karen taught me how to make homemade feta cheese, however, I think there was to much talking and tea drinking to take any real notice of the steps involved.
• We took Spunky Monkey out of school one day and spent the morning at the beach. Picnics and sandcastles.
• Karen came along with me to my Craft Night and was very productive with her advent calender pockets.

But most of all, this woman (my very special cousin) gives me wings. My spirit soars in her presence. Like I said before, one of the loveliest weeks.

But, it doesn't stop there.... Last night, my other favourite cousin rang from far away, I hadn't spoken to her in a while. It was so nice to fall back into the soft cushions of my couch and chat away to her for hours. Wouldn't it have been nice, if she could have visited for the second half of the week.

And....

Then there is my Mum.

My wonderful mum, who canceled her hair appointment today and came over to sew up a dress we had cut out (I was suppose to be learning to sew - that's another story) I decided, just yesterday, it would be the perfect dress for an outing on the weekend.

I love you Mum xx Thank-you so very much!

DON'T FORGET MY GIVEAWAY - DRAWN TOMORROW NIGHT!!!

6 comments:

  1. This is so delightful!! As a mother of 4 & auntie of 19, my husband & i LOVE seeing how our children all mix in together. It's magical. I grew up with lots of siblings but no cousins, they were all in England & much older than us. So to see our 4 with their 19 first cousins is fantastic!! We're spread out all over NSW & ACT so it's not that often we all get together, when we do, it's huge!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful week. And what a wonderful Mum, to cancel a hair appt is pretty huge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful family, sounds like a perfect week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your feast and day sound charming!

    Lieve groet, Madelief

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sitting here wiping the tears from my eyes...Thank you Jack, nothing can replace our girly days!!!! We also had the loveliest time, another cherished memory that will stay with us all for a very long time... Look forward to the next catch up ....Maybe New Years at the Farm!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...