Thursday, November 11, 2010

Some more vintage goodness



Today, I spent a lovely morning, with a lovely friend. We drank our tea from beautiful vintage china teacups and ate monte carlo's. We chatted, chatted, chatted. We talked craft, children, antiques, blogs, little girls clothing, retro fabrics, memories and markets. Somehow a quick cuppa turned into three hours! Opps!



Then we stopped in at Grandma's, she had a present for Miss Moo Moo. This beautiful dress. Apparently, some time back, Miss Moo Moo had mentioned that she really wanted a summer dress with green, blue and pink flowers. So Grandma found this liberty-style fabric and made the dress. But the icing on the cake is the detail. These are not any old doilies from the op shop, Grandma's don't do op shops. These were made by Grandma's Grandma!!

We love this dress so much, for so many reasons. Miss Moo Moo couldn't stop smiling. I couldn't stop smiling. Thank-you Grandma.



Later, at our chiropractor appointment, the receptionist admired the dress. Miss Moo Moo proudly told her that her Grandma had made it. Spunky Monkey then informed the receptionist that "Yes, Grandma is great, she can make anything you want, shorts, dresses, skirts and even jumpers with pockets, she good at all stuff, but mum's not good at any of it."



Tonight, more vintage love, this gorgeous vintage bikini. Steph, I'm so glad I've found your beautiful products and your lovely inspiring blog. I really want to make these. I'm not sure if I actually want to see myself in a bikini this summer, but I would like to make these just in case. Perhaps I'll add it to my handmade christmas list.

DON'T FORGET MY GIVEAWAY - DRAWN 19TH NOVEMBER

3 comments:

  1. You absolute sweetheart! They were a wee bit tricksy to make but when the vintage sheet cost all of $2 I thought it was worth the risk. Your little Miss. moo moo's dress is divine and such wonderful memories attached. What a cutie. Wishing you a gorgeous weekend :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress is just simply beautiful - well done Grandma - I love the doilies on the sleeve. Very inspiring. Miss Moo Moo looks great in it too. PS. enjoyed the cuppa and chat - thanks !

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...