Sunday, May 1, 2011

All in 48 hours

We have had a very busy 48 hours.

• on Friday night we went out for dinner at our favourite Thai restaurant. Red duck curry, stir-fry pork with chilli and thai basil, jasmine rice.



• we then went to see Flamenco Fire at the theatre.



• there was the royal wedding. We got home five minutes before the balcony kiss. How stunning was that dress! Just gorgeous.

• with the children at Grandma's overnight. On Saturday morning I slept in until 8:30am.

• Mr Moo and I went for a 3 hour long breakfast in the sun.



• In the afternoon, we baked and decorated cupcakes for my Aunt's 70th birthday party, while watching the royal wedding that was repeated on TV.

• on Saturday night we went to my Aunt's birthday party. It was a really lovely night. Beautiful food and a very yummy chocolate birthday cake. So many moments reminded me of my own childhood. I love it when our extended family can all be together.

• this morning we went back to my aunts house for the 'recovery breakfast', a tradition in our family after my aunt hosts a birthday party at her house. This year it was the next generation in the kitchen cooking the breakfast. Luckily my cousin's knew her mothers secret recipe for the sausages in tomato gravy, that is a 'must have' at these family breakfasts.

A full two days, but also very relaxing. We are off for a walk soon and tomorrow, another public holiday. Just perfect.

2 comments:

  1. A lovely weekend. It's so good to pass on family traditions to the next generation. I loved the wedding too, the wedding gown reminded me of Grace Kelly's, with a little of Princess Mary's simple lines as well. She was a picture of grace and serenity..perfectly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend, I admit I too was drawn into the whole wedding thing, yes that dress was stunning.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...