Monday, May 16, 2011

Why do all children hate singlets?


On Saturday we were 45 minutes late for a play date because Miss Moo Moo flatly refused to wear a singlet. She screamed very loudly and threw herself on the ground, then ran and hid, naked under the bed.

After I eventually got her dressed and settled down, I went into Spunky Monkey's bedroom to tell him it was time to go. I double checked that he still had his singlet on. No, not a chance, he had hidden it behind the cushions on the lounge . When I asked him to put it on, he started to cry and told me that everyone would laugh at him.

What is it with kids and singlets?

I don't dare tell them that I hated wearing a singlet when I was a child.

images from here.

6 comments:

  1. Haha! I have a 3.5 year old who would get about in underpants and perhaps a pair of sandals all year long if he had his way. Such a battle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been through many clothing battles, funnily enough not a singlet one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you wear a Bra if you really didn't have too???
    Maybe it's an Hereditary thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh so familiar! I am always having one clothes issues after another with my girls. With my eldest it was sleeves and cuffs and collars. With my youngest it is undies and socks. I said to a friend today how I wish they made kids singlets in adult sizes- but now I am thinking I did not like them either as a child :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi there.

    chuckle, kids as well us adults have ther clothing preferences.

    don't know about singlets, as my girl only wore them as a baby. didn't seem necessary after that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to read about someone else having the same issues!!! But in our house it isn't just singlets, it is jumpers, slippers, jackets, socks....great issues to have every morning in winter!!
    ~Susannah

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...