Friday, May 6, 2011

Crafty flickr



I know I am a little bit behind the times, but I now have a Flickr page set up (see my side bar).

I signed up to be part of Five Green Acres Rumpelstiltskin Challenge and thought I would put all of the other crafty things I've made on Flickr too. I hadn't realised that I had made so much!

I don't come from a crafty family. My mother was a young mother who worked from when I was a baby. She did sew, but I think that was more out of necessity, there wasn't a lot of fashion choices in a small country town. And while my Nana did crochet, she had suffered from arthritis from the age of 23. When I was very little I remember her crocheting small things. But by the time I was old enough to learn, her needles had long been packed away. Craft was something you did at school.

After being so inspired by all of the crafty bloggers out there, I decided to give a bit of crafting a go. I started making things in December 2009. So 18 months on, completely self taught, I'm pretty happy with what I have done.

The things I've made are far from perfect but they have been made for my family with love. Lucky for me, they are easy to please.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great, I love how great everything looks when you pop them side by side. Flickr is great!!
    I was wondering if you could tip me on how to put in the " you might also like" I haven't been able to find it. Much appreciated.
    Ines

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your handmades are gorgeous! it doesnt matter if youve been sewing for 5 years or 5 minutes you cant beat something made with love!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...