Monday, June 27, 2011

The holiday fun jar



School holidays have started and we are slipping into holiday mode quiet nicely around here. This is the third day that I have still been in my pj's at 9:30 in the morning. It's great, the kids are playing shops and I am enjoying a second cup of tea.

I had really wanted to go away for the holidays, but Mr Moo could not get time off. So we have opted for some slow days at home and I think it will work out for the better. I have some pretty worn out kids in the house.

On Friday afternoon we made a fun jar and filled it with some things we can do over the holidays. There are no rules, we will just pull a piece of paper from the jar whenever we want, perhaps once a day, perhaps four times a day. Here are some of the random activities in our fun jar.

• make fabric trees from our hand prints
• read a book and write a book review
• play the 'memory game'
• play a board game
• make a doll out of recycled materials
• have a day in the garden
• make a cactus garden
• hopscotch and honey joys
• bake some bread
• go to the cinema to see "Cars - 2"
• make thank-you cards
• pick strawberries at the strawberry farm
• collect rocks and make a Flintstones village
• make up a holiday story, draw pictures and make a book
• make smarties biscuits
• paint our fingernails and toenails
• make 'set the table' place mats
• dance and sing to Mummy's old children's records
• make funny magazine pictures
• collect leaves and make leaf drawings
• make and decorate paper dolls
• make your own board game to play
• make and decorate gingerbread men and women
• make some homemade lemonade
• visit a community garden
• make library bags and visit the library

Keep reading to see how we go and what we make. I will try and update my blog daily.

Maybe you are needing a little inspiration, just like I am.

4 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea!! I hope I remember that when my kid(s) are a bit older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome idea, I may have to do that!

    enjoy the holidays ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea and your activity plans are just great my favorite is hopscotch and honey joys.
    Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...