Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Simple pleasures



This week is the first week that I have flipped the page in my diary and seen blank. NOTHING. No appointments after school or classes to attend, no helping out at school or school functions to attend, nothing to collect from the library, nothing to buy or fix or return (winter clothes, flat tyres, etc.) OK, there are few little things on the list, there always is, but nothing pressing. Yay!

I have been enjoying the slow rhythm of life at home and finding happiness in the smallest moments of my day.

• making homemade chicken stock for the freezer
• chopping up fresh oranges from a friends tree, ready for eating
• hand washing: a woollen dress of my daughters, crocheted and embroidered doilies from the op shop
• decorating cupcakes for morning tea
• eating 'mashed egg' sandwiches on a blanket in the backyard. In the winter sun, with Miss Moo Moo
• cleaning out the fridge and making soup from the contents. A soup reminiscent of eastern European recipes for cream of chicken soup that I have made in the past
• plaiting Miss Moo Moo hair in tiny plaits for Kindy, just as she wanted
• cooking pancakes on a weekday morning, as requested by Spunky Monkey
• time crafting with the children after school because dinner was already cooked
• leisurely folding piles of washing still warm from the sun

The best part of all, has been the background of my days: a quiet house, except for my daughter playing and singing at my side. Dressing up and role playing, making her own lunch and picking up her own toys as she goes.

I don't dare turn the page of my diary to see what is happening next week.

2 comments:

  1. Must make a nice change for you. I'm still getting over the Weekend! Not much of anything happening here either...Just some nice early nights by the fire... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful week..it's these times that fill up you and your family's tanks with t.l.c. to get through the other weeks.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...