Monday, July 25, 2011

Christmas in July


(This beautiful Carl Larsson painting "Christmas Eve Banquet" is from here)

Our weekend - part one: God Jul - Christmas in July

On Saturday night I caught up with all of my old craft night friends for a fantastic "Christmas in July" night. Once again Leanne hosted the night in her beautiful home. Scandinavian styling, handmade bunting (lots of it), candles and hand stamped place cards. Heaps of delicious food, good conversation, kris kringle and yummy wine.

Life has got busy and craft night has fallen by the way side this year, so it was really good to catch up with everyone. The swedish meatballs I took along were a bit of a disaster, but everyone else excelled themselves. Not only are all of these women clever crafters but very good cooks.

Here's what we ate:

glazed baked ham
meatballs with vodka dill sauce
swedish meatballs
mashed potatoes

braised red cabbage

broccolini with pancetta

green beans with garlic breadcrumbs


baked cheesecake with frozen cranberries and hot caramel sauce

chocolate, ginger and rum truffles

cheese and crackers

The perfect cold winter fare.

4 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! The menu looks pretty yummy too. I love the Carl Larsson print, it reminds me of a tray we have. My husband is Swedish and his family are big fans of Larsson. Lovely to find your blog today, I'll pop back another time and say hi xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea. It sounds like you ate very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are a little hard on yourself!
    Your meatballs (like everything else you cook) were delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, what a menu. Wishing for winter, here, too! I'm tired of feeling like the roast turkey myself :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...