Friday, July 8, 2011

Home



Collecting eggs before breakfast. Spunky Monkey actually did this every morning. Here is Miss Moo Moo taking all of the glory.




Here is the first days egg collection. Heaven!






Peaceful moments in the house yard, loving the shadows cast by the late afternoon's dappled sunshine.



Miss Moo Moo had all of the dress-ups to herself!



One day we went into town to do some op shopping. It was well worth it.


With all the time on our hands, we made meatballs and spaghetti together.

Yes, we are back from the country.

We had a very nice time, but it just wasn't the same without my cousin and her little (big) family.

The highlight of the whole week was the night and day that was spent with them when they returned home.

There was excitement and chaos, just as it should be.

The Mum's as well at the the kids!

Roast pork and chocolate bread and butter pudding for dinner.

Fresh scones, berry jam and whipped cream for morning tea.

The last of the mandarins picked from the tree and eaten in the winter sunshine.


Here is my gorgeous belated birthday present that I found waiting at the farm for me. I can't believe my cousin taught herself to crochet on 'you tube' about a month ago - amazing. LOVE THIS!


This is what we came home with: homegrown lemons, oranges and mandarin's. Fresh eggs from the farm and purple carrots bought by my cousin from a roadside stall. And I can't forget - the farm fresh lamb that's in the fridge. Yummy!

I hope you've had a lovely week.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you had a lovely time! I love the mug hug you received for your birthday, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back, sounds like a perfect farm stay. That mug holder is adorable, I want one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those eggs! What a basketful..ommelettes, scrambled eggs..pavlova..lemon meringue pies..I can just imagine them all! I think you're set to enjoy that farm holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you've settled in back home now, and enjoying the last of your school hols! :)
    Was nice to catch up as always, come back and visit again real soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, I love the look of those meatballs! Ours always fall apart... do you have any secrets to keeping them nice and round?
    And what fun, collecting eggs!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...