Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I wish I was here



I'm still here, but.....

I feel miserable and exhausted. I now have a fuzzy head, sore ears and aching eye sockets. It feels like all of my teeth want to fall out. Since I have been home from holidays, I have been busy with day to day chores: washing, grocery shopping and cooking. I won't mention cleaning, because there has been none of that - somethings gotta give!

The children are back at school today but I feel that they are not rested enough. They are still a little whingey and tired. They are no longer sick, but we just didn't seem to have enough fun over the school holidays.

When everyone in the house is sick it is natural that the mother will keep going. Up all hours soothing sick children, cleaning bed linen in the middle of the night if need be and washing, hanging and remaking the bed the following morning. The one that continues to cook the wholesome meals, checks that everybody is keeping their fluids up. It's the mum's who administers the panadol and is constantly up through the night checking on fevers: taking covers off, putting covers on and filling hot water bottles at 3am in the morning. I am not complaining. But it does make you realise how important it is to look after yourself. Because I haven't really stopped over the last weeks, excepted for a few days on the lounge. I still feel absolutely rubbish. And that makes me a little cranky.

Apparently I am not invincible.

So, I wish I was here..... on this bed, deep in the woods, laying in the sun for a whole day.

Uninterrupted.

Recuperating.

I really hope you are keeping the winter flu at bay at your house.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that bed out in the woods would be great and an uninterrupted 12 hours of sleep would have to go with it.
    Get better soon, I am feeling for you.:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...