Saturday, July 23, 2011

I'm grateful for...





Today I am grateful for.... open gardens.

During the school holidays, in between being sick and our farm stay, we went to visit a local open garden.



After first getting lost. (I was on the wrong road - who forgot the map?!)

We almost gave up. But I'm glad we didn't. We eventually joined hundreds of people walking down the long birch lined drive into the valley, autumn leaves crunching underfoot.







We soon came to the luscious gardens that are Camellia House. Over 600 species of beautiful matured camellias growing in the dappled shade of large pines and poinciana trees. It was beautiful.



The children loved getting lost in the hidden pathways that opened up to a large pond surrounded by fruit trees, tiny bridges and a giant chess board.

For someone who has a backyard the size of a postage stamp I am so grateful for the people who open up their gardens to share. I always come away feeling not only inspired but truly relaxed. So happy to have had the chance to wander in the magnificence of a large garden like this.



Go over to 'maxabella loves' for more gratitude posts.

2 comments:

  1. Visiting open gardens is so lovely isn't it. I need to get out and do it more often.
    Popping over form Maxabella's gratefuls

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...