Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Comida espanola



Last night we went to my mum's Spanish dinner party. An early Christmas catch-up with her friends. It's all things Spanish for Mum at the moment. She will be holidaying in Spain in March, hence the theme.

Mum looked amazing in her Spanish looking dress, sexy stockings, hoop earrings and new, dark hair colour. I hope I look that good when I am her age. In contrast, even though I had known about the party for a month, it wasn't until after I had showered, did I wonder, "what will I wear?" Thank goodness for my little black dress, waiting ever so patiently on it's hanger for it's next exciting outing.

Lets not forget the food. Marinated olives, marinated mushrooms, roasted red peppers, roasted baby capsicums and feta, chorizo braised in apple cider, tuna empanadas, paella, spanish meatballs in spicy tomato sauce, noodles with chorizo and spanish vegetable bake.

Delicioso!

A lovely evening with Mum and her friends. Shared laughter, gossip and fine wine.

Thanks Mum xo

3 comments:

  1. sounds like a great party! ( makes me think of a spanish doll ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful.. so does your mom :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so dresses. swoon. what fun to wear a dress like that, and play the Spanish dancer for a night, in sexy stockings and big earrings. {Note to self - next birthday should be a Spanish dress-up theme!}.

    It's so wonderful, and heartwarming to me - hearing women talk about their mums in such a tender and loving and warm and admiring way. Isn't it lovely to be able to look at her and say, ah - I want to be just like her.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...