Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Melbourne Cup Race Day



I feel very un-Australian today. Instead of dressing up and heading off somewhere fabulous to watch the cup. I took my car to get new tyres and a service.

I can't remember, not ever celebrating the Melbourne Cup. Even since having children, I have tried to make an effort and host a luncheon or get together. But no, today, was the only day I could get the car in to the mechanic. Considering I am driving twice a week, 40 minutes away to chiropractor appointments at the moment, it kind of seemed important.

All was not lost, instead of enjoying chicken and champagne and dabbling in a bit of gambling, I went op shopping while I waited and found lots of lovely treasures.

Ok, your right, it's not the same.











All of this gorgeous fascinators are from here. Take a peek there are lots more to choose from. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

I hope you got to wear a beautiful hat today and had a win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...