Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The first week of winter



It’s been a bit of a heavy week.

It was the anniversary of my Nana’s death earlier in the week. How have we lived 6 years without her? I search for her strength within myself every day and I am so grateful when I can find it.

It's not only that, I have watched some pretty disturbing documentaries (during one, I left the room, I thought I was going to be sick!) and watched a couple of very intense movies. My eyes have been opened to the homelessness in my area and the very real poverty abroad. I've been thinking a lot about our planet and my part in it…. Amongst other things.

I have become very aware of so many things over this last week.



So, aware, I was, this afternoon, when the children and I set up our 'winter display' together. Crafting and chatting about winter in other countries and in ours. Content to just be.

Our children have the capacity to fill our love tanks with a single smile or word. I feel so incredibly lucky to have these little people come into my life.

Our 'winter display' is work in progress, there has been a request for more pom poms and more wintery words need to be printed. We ran out of time this afternoon. There will also be the many nature finds we will collect over the next couple of months. Oh and the pine cones, I put back out for the photo, but Spunky Monkey is adamant that they cannot be on display, as they were part of our 'autumn display. They must be packed way!

1 comment:

  1. Being aware of things can feel very good. My first husband past away six years ago. It's always a time of deep thinking en reminding.

    And the book about Mary. Lovely. I have books of it too in Dutch. Here : she's called Tiny.

    Take Care, Sandra.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...