Sunday, June 13, 2010

'Girly Day' Friday



Every Friday, Miss Moo Moo and I have 'girly day'. This last Friday was my birthday, so we dressed up in all of our finery and hit the cafes, shops and restaurants!

I spent a lovely day with the beautiful woman in my family. My daughter, my mother, my aunt and my cousin (who is like a sister). Their love is my strength and the only gift I need.

Like an extra special birthday present the weather had turned very chilly. Hooray! So we were able to dress in new boots, scarves and big jackets. We met mum here, a fantastic food emporium for coffee. Lemon curd tart, passionfruit curd tart and apple crumble tart (shared, of course!) with a warming cappuccino, hmmm, a perfect start to the day. After much lingering and the purchasing of some fine food (sourdough bread, french cheeses and yummy chocolate and coconut meringues) mum went to work and Miss Moo Moo and I went shopping. Lunch was a delicious mixed salad plate at a recommended cafe. More homewares shopping after lunch, with the afternoon ending having tea and pink cupcakes with my aunt and cousin.

And what about the boys? They met us after school and after work, when we all went to mum's restaurant for dinner.

An early night. All of that eating and shopping can take a lot out of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...