Thursday, June 17, 2010

A slower pace


(this image is from Hanna's gorgeous blog, girl from the corner table)

I am looking today, for a slower pace, it's here somewhere, but in all of the mad rushing about over this last week I seem to have lost my sense of peace. Don't misunderstand me I have had a great week, but it's all of the mundane day to day things thrown in together with all of the fun things, rushing in and out of the house, driving here and there and everywhere, late nights, tired kids.

I just love being at home. The weather is getting cooler, and I am wishing to slow down. I want to do things both for myself and with my children. Baking, cooking, crafting, chatting, drawing, reading, exchanging stories. I guess I am sick of hearing myself say 'hurry up, lets go!'

I might have to schedule in some time, as things won't be letting here up for a few weeks yet.

Here are some of the very fun things we have been doing over the last week:

• fish and chips in the park
• cups of tea in the winter sun
• birthday breakfast by the sea
• yummy panang chicken curry at mum's restaurant
• roast pork buffet at the local bowls club and dancing!

The really lovely thing was, that these times were shared with my beautiful family. Most visiting from far away. We had 4 generations at the bowls club on Saturday night, it was nice.

Oh, and we had a really fun craft night, on Tuesday night as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...