Monday, June 14, 2010

Unintentionally French



This morning when I got up the sun was shining, the birds were singing. A beautiful winter's morning, I decided we would sit outside to eat. I got breakfast ready. I.....

• set the table with an antique French tablecloth.
• put a new selection of CD's in the CD player - French Playground and the Chocolat Soundtrack
• put some croissants in the oven
• put the butter and homemade apricot jam onto the table - the jam was made using this French recipe
• made a milky cappuccino
• took two French cookbooks to the breakfast table. I always read at the breakfast table.

We were sitting, both kids on my lap, laughing and dreaming of French holidays we will take. Planning trips on canal boats, picnics on riverbanks and walks through sunflower fields, when I realized how French everything was this morning.

Totally unintentional.

• why did I choose that tablecloth, I haven't used for weeks.
• I only changed the CD's because I could not stand another minute of Disney songs.
• weekly breakfast is usually, weet-bix and toast, but Miss Moo Moo came shopping with me and she picked croissants.
• I always, always have black coffee in the morning when at home, but this morning because I wanted to use my new cocoa shaker thingy, I made a cappuccino instead.
• And why, out of 9 books sitting on the bench did I pick, Rick Stein's French Odyssey and New Bistro.

Who can tell?

PS: It was a public holiday here today, hence the extra lingering at breakfast. It's usually a tad more hectic on a Monday morning!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...