Sunday, July 25, 2010

Baby, it's cold outside

Drizzling rain and bleak winter weather kept our family indoors and close to home this weekend.

It was just lovely.



we ate warming , slow cooked, beef stew for dinner



we made breakfast bars



we ate pancakes with strawberries and cream for breakfast



we made ice-blocks, yes, you read right, clearly this was not my idea!



we made pumpkin pie, another, first ever. I had never even tasted it before.

But we didn't just eat. The kids did some craft, some drawing, some cutting and some glueing. Mr Moo sanded and painted some furniture and also did fix-it jobs around the house. I sorted some sewing stuff , but not all of it. I sorted some filing and papers, but not all of it. I sorted some clutter in the kids rooms, but not all of it. Just general pottering about really.

A nice end to the weekend was to discover tonight, my newest follower. Welcome Michelle. Have a look at her beautiful blog 'Hugo and Elsa'. I know you will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...