Thursday, July 29, 2010

Saved treasures


(This was one of Grandma's dolls, isn't she just beautiful)


(Look at the beautiful lace on this soft lilac dress. Underneath she is wearing a peach coloured camisole and french knickers!)

Earlier on in the week I dropped Miss Moo Moo at her Grandma's for the day. While I was there, Grandma gave me a small box of books that had belonged to Mr Moo when he was a child. They had been unearthed during a weekend clear out. She also opened up a couple of big garbage bags that were going to be thrown out. She had wanted to show me some of her old dolls, and yes, unfortunately, most could not be repaired, but this one and a big box of books came home with me.


(Saved, Spunky Monkey will just love the content of some of these old books. I love the illustrations and old photos)

The doll will need to wait until warmer weather arrives to be cleaned up and redressed. She has a cloth body and will need to be well washed. As for the books, some of them have made it on to our children's bookshelf but others have gone into the garage for now. I'm not sure what to do with them yet, but I will think of something.


(Also saved, these books were covered in a great vintage paper, but once removed I found a hidden gem. The covers of these to books are in almost mint condition.)

One man's trash is another man's treasure

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...