Saturday, July 10, 2010

The early bird catches the worm



This morning I woke to the sound of the sticky tape dispenser in heavy use. It was pitch dark. I followed the light down the hall and into our family room where I found Spunky Monkey.

"I'm making a hat for Christopher Robin's birthday" he said, as if it was the most natural thing to be doing at that hour.

In that one sentence, in that one moment, my heart skipped a beat. I am sometimes blown away by the amount of love you can feel for your children. This morning at 5:35 am I have found imagination, creativity and independence sitting at our dining table.

I then asked, how did he know it was morning, it is still dark outside

"It's what I call blurry, Mum."

I went and looked out of his bedroom window, and it was, in fact, a blurry sky. Faint light against a backdrop of heavy dark grey clouds. Time to get up!

This was my Cabbage Patch Doll from when I was a child (a fake, I'm sorry to say) I named him Christopher, it was the 80's! Spunky Monkey has added the last name of Robin from Winnie the Pooh fame, as it's the only Christopher he knows. The name seems to have stuck. There is something so beautiful when you watch your children playing with your own, well loved toys. I was an only child, so many of my toys were kept and are in good condition. At the moment they are the toys that are being played with the most around here.

Talk about a warm heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...