Monday, July 19, 2010

My laundry list



Sometimes the odd jobs that need doing around this house can get a little overwhelming. More so of late. On the days when I am at home alone, I find myself wandering around not knowing where to start. I drink way to much tea, ring mum for chat, read some blogs. Not very productive.

So, I am changing all that with a plan. Each week I will be concentrating on just one room. This week it will be my laundry. Perhaps, because I'm dying to know what is in those 2 big boxes sitting on the laundry bench, I know that whatever is in them, they have a place somewhere else. So here is the list of things I intend to do this week in my laundry.

• sort out the boxes sitting on the bench
• reorganise the very unorganised craft cupboard
• make a new ironing board cover
• scan, enlarge, print and frame some photos for the walls
• Wash the windows, screen door, screen door tracks and walls. This is the closest room to the sandpit, need I say more
• pull out the washing machine and clean behind and beneath it
• wipe out the cupboards
• defluff and descum the washing machine, you know, pull all of the pieces apart and clean them
• take off the sticky toddler proof door latches
• wash the curtain

I know this sounds like spring cleaning, but I can't wait. I'm looking forward to a tidy, functioning, decorated laundry by next Monday. Can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. That's my ideal too - work on a room and get it done :-) Hope you have fun! It's the garage next for me :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...