Saturday, July 10, 2010

Cookbook love



Recently a friend asked if I really did own over 300 cookbooks (this fact is written somewhere in one of my posts). Yes, it is true. I counted them when we last moved, it seemed that all I was putting on the bookshelves were cookbooks, cookbooks and more cookbooks.

And... I am afraid to tell you, that I have just ordered this one with birthday money. However, they are not all expensive coffee table style cookbooks. I really love collecting quirky old style cookbooks. There is nothing better than rummaging through an old pile of dusty books and discovering a forgotten treasure. Op shops, garage sales, markets, church jumble sales, secondhand book stores.

Here are a couple of my favourites:







What dinner parties were cooked from these pages? What recipes became family favourites. How many romantic candlelit dinners were planned? Oh, if only these pages could talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...