Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day Eighteen: A sad day



Today was a sad day.

Our neighbours, little Miss M and little Miss A moved out. They are moving to Western Australia. Travelling across country by caravan. A big adventure for them, but they will be missed.

As we ate breakfast outside this morning it was a lovely surprise to see their heads pop up over the fence for a chat.

Later the girls came over and played all day while their parents did the last of the packing. We have just waved them off. Caught up in their excitement as they drove away, packed in like sardines, roof racks piled high and towing their vintage caravan. As they rounded the corner I could still hear Miss M laughing and yelling out the window "I'm so squashed, I can't breath"

Whatever will my kids do after school now?

Take a look here to see who else is participating in blogtoberfest.

4 comments:

  1. Oh that really is sad! I hope the new neighbours are just as treasured.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That kind of change is hard..especially for kids, but part of growing up and life in general I guess. Good luck with your new neighbours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh my heart hurts! we actually did a similar move and we just feel lost trying to start over. Coming over to say HELLO from blogtoberfest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saying those kind of goodbyes are so hard, we've done them as well and know that it's a big change for the kids not having their little friend right there next door. I have to say the people in my street are all that keep me there.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...