Friday, October 14, 2011

Day Fourteen: making jam



Today I made strawberry jam.

Spunky Monkey was home sick from school. He helped out a little bit. But not a lot.

I haven't made this for years and I have been missing out!

Firstly, I love, love, love the sweet smell of strawberry jam as it cooks. However Spunky Monkey has a different opinion of the smell. He walked into the kitchen with his hand pitched on his nose, asking what stinks?

Secondly, the taste of fresh strawberry jam is to die for. For afternoon tea we made a batch of pikelets and lathered them with still warm strawberry jam.

Make some now. You won't regret it.

Take a look here to see who else is participating in blogtoberfest.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't made jam, but it looks so tempting to try. I worry I'll end up with runny gloop, instead of nice jam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! We made our strawberry Jam a couple of weeks ago and it is nearly all gone, you are right, it is to die for, you forget!! I need to get my hand on some more strawberries quick smart before they're all one...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...