Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day Twenty Three: Flea market finds



This morning we visited the Annual Fair at a local retirement village. We wandered the stalls of jams, cakes and Nana handicrafts as we listened to the old ladies choir. But most importantly, we were there for bric brac.

Admittedly, it was slim pickings, luckily we went early and acted fast. I am very happy with our finds. I also bought 2 retro aprons for a dollar each, but they are in need of a good soak in the wash. The children didn't leave empty handed either, beads, rocks, a key ring, barbie furniture and a vintage toy horse all found their way home with us.



I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am by this pair of breakfast plates and cups. I love the pattern, I love the detail, I love how fine they are, I love that there is two and I love that they only cost me $1.00.

I even love the friendly old gentleman that sold them to me.



More excitement. Fifteen souvenir, linen tea towels from Australia and around the world. Collected but not used.



Last week I vowed that I would not buy any more books (I ran out of bookshelf room long ago) But I didn't have these and I did need them, really I did.



A chamber pot for the lounge room, it's a pity I ran out of money or I could have picked up a cheap plant from the plant stall to go in it.

Go here, to see what other treasures have been found this week

Take a look here to see who else is participating in blogtoberfest.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - excellent finds - especially the tea towels - these are getting harder to find! No-one can live without Enid Blyton books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a sucker for a vintage teatowel, you scored big time with those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cool things you found! Those breakfast/snack plates are so adorable; I love them. Great find with the teatowels, too. And the chamber pot's floral design is so pretty; it will look great with a plant.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...