Saturday, October 2, 2010

At my house......











I have always wanted a English-style cottage garden. Rambling roses and a sprawling walled kitchen garden. It has taken me about 20 years to realize, that where I live, that is simply not possible.

So, it is with new eyes that I look today at the blooms in my own subtropical garden. It's grey, rainy and miserable here, but as I walk around our garden, delightful jewel coloured discoveries are being made.......

And they are brightening my day.

Go over to Buttons by Lou Lou to see what is happening at other people's houses.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flowers! I also love the look of an English cottage garden. We haven't done much to our garden yet - after moving in a year ago - but so far we have started with natives. They seem to be working for us so far. It's amazing how many lovely things you can find when you are looking.

    Thanks for joining in this week. Lovely to visit your house. A new link list will start again on Monday. Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful, love the torch ginger in particular, it is stunning. Hope you had a great holiday. x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...