Monday, October 18, 2010

Old movies





"How to Steal a Million"





"Little Women"





"Seven Brides for Seven Brothers"

During the course of our weekend at home, I spent some time embroidering little faces and folding five loads of washing. Thanks to some new free-to-air TV stations I was able to catch bits and pieces of these lovely movies.

My heart would smile and smile if I could tell you that I was able to sit down and watch all three of these movies from start to finish. Of course, that was not the case.

My love of old movies comes from the school holidays of my childhood. Most of these holidays were spent on my Nana's farm, as both of my parents worked. A normal day on the farm was spent playing outside until lunchtime. Then after eating a bowl of Nan's famous chicken soup for lunch, we would sit down together and watch the midday movie. They were always, always old classics, loved as much by her, as by me.

Yes my heart would smile and smile if I could tell you that I was able to sit down and watch all three of these movies from start to finish, especially if I was sitting next to my Nana, holding her hand.

All of these movies are now shown in technicolour, unlike some of the pictures above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...