Saturday, October 9, 2010

Home projects



It was with great reluctance that I returned Alicia Paulson's book, "Stitch in Time" to the library today. I've had it a while now, in fact, it's a bit overdue. Opps!

It has inspired a few projects around here of late. The nutcracker doll and my new happy birthday banner. Here are a few other projects from the book that I love.



A memory quilt made from the children's clothes. A quilt like this is big on my list, but it scares me just a little bit.




I love this travel tote for holding maps and brochures. Choose your destination and stitch on you travel route
.



Another lovely way to showcase your children's artwork.
A potholder.



A recipe card apron, very retro, very cute.




A sleepover pillow (with your home phone number in ric rac!)


Check out Alicia's beautiful blog, 'posie gets cosy'

Karen, it seems as if you have already been thinking about 'sleepover pillows' . Yes, you should definitely make one for your beautiful children. A little piece of home to take away with them.

1 comment:

  1. That travel tote is such a great idea, I love it!
    Have a sweet Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...