Sunday, February 13, 2011

Flea market finds...



I am wanting to make a quilt (yes, my first quilt) from vintage sheets. I probably already have enough to make it, but I am always on the lookout. This week I found these sheets at a local op shop. I didn't realise until I had got them home that they were both sets. It seems a waste to cut them up, so I have decided that Miss Moo Moo can have them for her bed - for now anyway.



She was thrilled and as soon as I washed them, I made up her bed. Here is Betty, testing them out.

Go here, to see what other treasures have been found this week.

9 comments:

  1. I love vintage sheets too and any i find that are too good to cut i use on the bed. They look gorgeous and make me smile! Love your finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no point in remaking something that's already good! I love the look of those sheets on her bed...they look so beautiful for dreaming in. I received your cushion here on Saturday morning..I think I must have missed the postie when they were first delivered 'cos we got them at the post office. Thank you..it is so vibrant and georgeous in real life! ...and you don't live very far from me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS...I'll feature it 'on the black couch' this week...probably Tuesday or Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sheets look beautiful.

    I'm doing my first quilt too ... it's a bit daunting (for me) but I think you'll manage it!

    You have a lovely 'eye' for fabrics and design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a giggle bacause I am part way through making a vintage sheet quilt and I keep using the sheets as well. I love your sheets. Gorgeous colours and prints too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bedding. I've looked round here but it's all polyester duvet covers with Thomas the tank engine or 80s nasties! I'd love to make a quilt, but think I will start with a moses basket size :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping in from Flea Market Finds. Love the sheets! I do tend to keep my eyes open for those also. The purple one is especially pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great, I found you a sheet today when I snuck out to the op shops...it's cute, I think it's vintage...it's got very bright green ducks and rabbits on it...sounds vintage hey! XO

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...