Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A whole lot of lovin'



This Valentine's Day, I had grand plans. I had intended to bake a heart shaped cake for home and heart shaped biscuits to share at school. I had a long list of valentine crafts to make with the kids. But with a few on going projects taking up my time this week and a head cold that just won't seem to go away, we did what we could.



We made a painted heart garland to decorate the family room.



We ate dinner by candlelight. The valentine tea lights were made on the weekend.



I made these love heart decorations to hang on our celebration tree. Please note, that the fabric was not chosen by me.

Blue sequins, how did you get into my fabric stash?



After dinner I settled down to watch "Sleepless in Seattle". This is my ultimate Valentine's Day movie, for mushy, sentimental reasons, I'm sure you don't want to hear about here.

Mr Moo came home from work at 9:30pm and found me asleep on the couch. Very romantic indeed.

I know Valentines Day is really for young lovers. But for us old lovers of love (over thirty-five) I think you realise what real love is, you understand that it comes in so many different forms and you realise just how powerful it can be.

I'll leave you with some Baci chocolate wisdom.



"why use words when a kiss says it all?" - Anonymous

and...

"day by day and night by night we were together, all else has long been forgotten by me" - W. Whitman

6 comments:

  1. what a lovely post, i feel like watching sleepless in seattle now! and those tea lights are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I love your beautiful hearts (even the blue sequin one). What a romantic day for you and your family. Now I'm wondering why Sleepless in Seattle is so sentimental...! Loving the Baci wisdom. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Mmoomoo, that is all so beautiful and lovely, great effort!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks beautiful. I agree with your wisdom, love comes in all forms and it's the simple things that can often be the most special. Happy Valentine's Day for yesterday.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Romantic...and what an effort...Where do you find the time!!! I'd marry you anyday! :)XOXO Happy Valentines day...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...