Monday, February 21, 2011

Vintage Barbie



When I was a little girl, my great Aunt and Uncle lived across the road from us. Sometimes, they would look after me.

I loved being allowed to play in their tiny spare bedroom at the back of the house. In the bottom of an old musty cupboard was a pile of boxes, and in one of them were Dad's cousin's old barbie dolls. With the barbie's owners, grown up and long gone, I brought them back to life during my playtime. I loved their hair and their gidget-style daywear. I adored their cocktail evening dresses. Some had painted faces and surly glances, while others had freckles and innocent smiles.

There was no Ken doll (I don't think) and no cheerleader outfits. But this picture brought back those memories. It's a pity that those dolls are long gone now...but not forgotten.

I found this bookmarked on my computer. I'm loving going through and rediscovering things I have bookmarked ages ago.

2 comments:

  1. That is a very nostalgic pic for me too..reminds me that my mum wouldn't let me have a Barbie doll..I'm in my fifties..and a family that we saw every Christmas had three girls and heaps of them..and every year their mum would make piles of Barbie clothes. I envied those girls so much! As you can imagine my own daughter had quite a collection of Barbie goodness! (and she still loves them)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...