Thursday, February 10, 2011

My creative space... part one



"And...the Treasure Bag, made out of repurposed window screening, just right for keeping the sand out, and the treasures in." - Amanda Blake Soule

When I first bought this book, I thought that this would be the first project that I would make from it. We are all very big collectors in this house. No outing is complete without a little piece of nature coming home with us.

I eventually got around to making them and they are now waiting for an adventure this weekend. In keeping with 'my rumpelstiltskin challenge', I have used things from my stash to make them.

• the fabric is from old clothes, Spunky Monkey's shorts and Miss Moo Moo's peasant top.
• the one for me is made from a thrifted vintage cushion cover.
• the aqua trim, linen detail and cotton tape used for the handles were all op shop finds from long ago
• the brown fabric paint used for stamping was in the cupboard, waiting for a project
• the screens are from our house, they were taken off when we got security screens

Please Note: don't try and make these when you are suppose to cooking dinner. This will only cause you to rush and make mistakes. Maybe you will forget to change your cotton from white to black, and let me tell you, unpicking white cotton from fly screens is no fun at all!





If you want to see some more creative spaces, go over to kootoyoo and be inspired.

2 comments:

  1. Love!!!! And chuckling over the dinner comment... I do stuff like that all the time only it's the dinner I end up rushing!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and Maxabella both! Love the idea..wish i had thought of it when the kids were little..I love collecting shells and beach stuff...so may make one yet!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...