Sunday, February 6, 2011

Flea market finds...



My aunt gave me this gorgeous apron for Christmas. I absolutely love it.





So imagine my excitement this week when I found this one at the op shop. It is exactly the same pattern, with similar handiwork. I love, love, love it. I don't think either one has ever been worn.



I feel a strong urge to bake cookies and slices, so I guess it was lucky that I also found this book for 20 cents. I think I might just be well on my way to becoming a fifties housewife.

A big thanks goes to my little model. It is impossible to photograph yourself wearing an apron. Miss Moo Moo was very patient with me. My special little helper.

Go here, to see what other treasures have been found this week.

Also....

Would you like to make a doll or softie for the Queensland Flood Appeal Dolly Drive? There is still plenty of time. The close date is the 18th of March. We would love you to join us. Please read more on my original post.

13 comments:

  1. I love the detail in each and am pleased that aprons (or pinnies as my gorgeous Grandmother refers to them) are on the come-back.

    Felicity x
    www.giftsofserendipity.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those aprons are top-notch! I can see why you'd love them.

    I did look at your model and think 'monkeemoomoo' is a bit short!

    And then you clarified! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute apron! ive got two dollys here waiting to post so can you email your address, and i will get them off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'd buy such a book such for its cover! it looks stylish. it might be a good read? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great apron, what a good little helper, i think its great to channel the fifites housewife, if only I could be that organised all of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LooooooooVe love love your aprons and found one very similar with penguins! on it just yesterday!!!! (Must do a post)
    (My boys are penguin mad after visiting Phillip Island last year)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How amazing to find really good vintage aprons...I never see them hanging around..must visit the wrong places. They are both adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous pinnies (my gran calls them that too) and I can tell your daughter is a cutie even without seeing her face! Love the cover of the book too - has that real 'atomic' 50s feel. I love the 50s. Fab finds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the aprons ... I remember cross stitching them when I was a kid during the 1960s and a neighbour would make them into aprons for church stalls. Happy days and I wish I could find one as good too.
    My Flea Market Find

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its hard to find an apron with good pockets these days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not related to aprons, but I wanted to let you know that my flood relief raffle prize arrived. http://thehouseofwilson.blogspot.com/2011/02/qld-flood-relief-part-2.html
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the illustrations on the front of that cookbook! Especially those little salt & pepper shakers.

    My flood relief raffle prize also arrived. Love love love it. Thank you again. Once I've got the insert I'll post of pics of its new home. x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...