Friday, February 4, 2011

The Organised Home Challenge


Or should that read the The Un-organised Home Challenge, for if it did, I would have accomplished something this week.

I have managed to forget drink bottles, homework, sleep sheets, school swimming payments, sunscreen and my internet banking password! Yes, after five years of internet banking, my brain short circuited and went BLANK for a whole day.

I started re-organising the kids bedrooms in an aim to de-clutter, but I was over it very quickly. I got down a box of trims and doilies to sort out, I sat playing with them for over an hour, then jammed them back into the original box, unsorted. I walked into my walk-in-robe a hundred times and very quickly walked back out again. This is my biggest problem area in the house, but I just can't face it yet.

To be fair, I have not been feeling all that well. I spent a few afternoons on the couch and a few days out and about with odd jobs. I also spent two mornings at school.

So tell me, how is a girl suppose to get anything organised around here?

What's that you say - discipline. Yes, well, wish me luck for next week.

Go here, to see who else has been getting organised around their home this week.

I have also been a little disorganised in welcoming my new followers. So welcome, Alice, Carol, Mac, Tartankiwi, Tat, Karen, ILIS, Karen, Wendy, Caz and Julie.

6 comments:

  1. I think any of that stuff is just to hard to do in the middle of summer (Oh unless you have ducted air con). Don't be to hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine what you would rather have been doing when you were going through your box of trims and doilies... Don't forget to make some time for yourself to do the things that you enjoy!
    The first step in having an organised home is having an organised mind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so with you. I could have been doing any number of mind-numbing, practical tasks while my toddler slept and the big boys were at school this afternoon, but instead I made my soft toy for your dolly drive :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reorganising also this moment! First: all the cloths of ten persons and after that I'll do the toys, books, etc...
    But it gives a very good feeling.

    And you forgot sometimes? Are you pregnant maybe :)? I forgot my pincodes when I was pregnant. Standing in the supermarket I didn't know it anymore.

    Greetings from windy Belgium,

    Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dish-washing pic is a scream! It's been anarchy here this week with the whole going-back-to-school thing. (Oh, for eternal summer holidays!!)

    I'm going to attempt a toy tidy-up tomorrow. 12 years of toys, and one hoarding mother (me).
    This will be a clean up of nightmare proportions! Good luck with your organising projects. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. you've so got to be in the mood for a bit of organising otherwise it's just painful isn't it! hope you are feeling better and had a nice restful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...