Saturday, February 5, 2011

I'm grateful for...



Today I am grateful for sleep- ins.

They don't happen very often, but when they do - bliss. So it was a happy Saturday this morning, when I stumbled out of bed at 8 o'clock. I was, of course, awake at 5 am, but I pushed Miss Moo Moo out of bed to go and play. And quietly play she did.

The day has moved slowly since. Scrambled eggs with basil and feta, black coffee and the latest copy of Donna Hay Magazine (now on subscription- yay!). Later, orange and almond cake and a pot of tea with my aunt, when she came to visit. A few odd jobs around the house and soon perhaps, I'll sit with a book for a moment or two. For dinner, an easy barbeque, it is way to hot for anything else.

And that will be the the end of a lovely day, and it all started with a sleep in!

Go over to 'maxabella loves' for more gratitude posts.

Also....

Perhaps you would like to make a doll or softie for the Queensland Flood Appeal Dolly Drive. There is still plenty of time. The close date is the 18th of March. We would love you to join us. Please read more on my original post.

4 comments:

  1. Just closing my eyes and dreaming of a sleep-in! (I lie, I get one every weekend. I do Sunday, LOM does Saturday...) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay, my gorgeous 8a.m. sleep ins (my children have never woken before 7a.m. like ever, even as new babies, bless them, now they're aged up to high school, still the same & i'm spoilt with school holiday sleep ins) are about to end, with school resuming for the year next week. We have to be on the road at 8a.m. that's me plus 4 children in the right uniforms with the right lunches, oh, one more morning, sigh. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect Saturday! Yay for the sleep in : don't we appreciate it so much more post-kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds perfect ... and your breakfast sounded delicious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...