Thursday, February 17, 2011

My creative space....



The thought of taking a child to the store to purchase a birthday present for their sibling fills me with dread. Spunky Monkey's birthday is on Monday, so I took the same approach as I did for Miss Moo Moo's birthday last year, and asked Miss Moo Moo to a draw a picture for her brother. I am embroider
ing it to hang on his wall.

I will finish it off tonight. I am party planning today, for some reason his birthday celebrations are stretching over 4 days!

If you want to see some more creative spaces, go over to kootoyoo and be inspired.

AND.....

Perhaps you would like to make a doll or softie for the Queensland Flood Appeal Dolly Drive. There is still plenty of time. The close date is the 18th of March. We would love you to join us. Please read more on my original post.

If you need more time, the close date is flexible, please let me know. I now intend to send some dolls to North Queensland if I get enough. Please read more about this here. Go here, here and here to see some of the dolls/softies that I have already received.

And if that is not inspiration enough. This week I have been contacted by a sewing group in Spain and a seven year old in New Zealand, all are going to be making dolls for the families in Queensland who have lost everything.

Thank you so much to those special people.

12 comments:

  1. Made from the heart - I love it!!! Much more special than buying something. Quite a budding artist you have there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a sweet idea - I saw it somewhere else recently and thought I really must give it a try :-)
    xxxCate

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful gift that will be !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. Something they will treasure for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous idea for a sibling gift... perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a keepsake that little picture will be! Marvellous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it, what a great pressie, and that's awesome how many people are joining up to your dolly drive. mine will be winging its way to you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea, love it! ps. we received our little pink pussycat thank you! She's been named "petal pussy" by MIss 2.5 and she has been slept with every night this week! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so sweet! I did the same thing with the first recognisable 'thing' (a 'frog') that my then-2-y.o. drew. Such a nice keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that is a lovely idea! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...