Thursday, February 3, 2011

My creative space....

Well actually, this is not, my, creative space, but a creative space, none the less.

This week, the first dolls for the Dolly Drive have arrived. I'm a little overwhelmed by the generosity of the crafty folk, making dolls for the children affected by the Queensland floods.

Thank-you, just doesn't seem enough. But thank-you. I am a happy guardian for these gorgeous softies, until they find their new home.



Thank-you Zoe, for this beautiful babushka doll, made with this pattern from 'the red thread'. And thanks too for the catch-up on Tuesday night.



Thank-you Treann for these two lovely dolls, made with this 'dolly donation' pattern. I love the fabrics.



Thank-you Val for this adorable little owl family, all the way from the UK. I love the little details, especially the embroidered apron.

As for, my own creative space? What have I been doing with my week? Watch this space. I need to get some skin coloured thread this afternoon and my 'Tee-Pee Girl' embroidery will be finished.

If you want to see some more creative spaces, go over to kootoyoo and be inspired.

Perhaps you would like to make a doll or softie for the Queensland Flood Appeal Dolly Drive. There is still plenty of time. The close date is the 18th of March. We would love you to join us. Please read more on my original post.

5 comments:

  1. Oh i love Red Thread Ooshkas, i have the pattern & 3 faces ready to make for my girls, my son has a cool Ooshka made by the fabulous Lisa Tilse herself!! The dolly drive was such a gorgeous concept, well done, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! I sent my Lenny the guinea pig about a week or two ago... should be getting there soon. The one I sent to Hope Softies already arrived! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! Thank you for organizing a such a wonderful treat for the little boys and girls of Queensland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are just adorable, especially the owls... don't think mine will be that cute :( but I'm sure they'll find a loving home anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so exciting...love all of those beautiful dolls. I received my first package of cushion covers today too...6 beauties which I have posted from a J. Thompson. We have 19 collected now. I am so excited for all the families who will get our dolls and cushions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the toys are so lovely. I am thinking of trying to crochet some toys for the Dolly Drive, but I am not sure what the outcome will look like (I am a beginner)... so I won't commit to actually sending them. Only if they look good :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...