Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Christmas Puppet Show is about to commence!



This is what I was told a few nights ago. "Come on Mum, come into the family room." There was excitement in the air. I had known nothing about a puppet show. Somehow bedtime, has been one hour later since the school holidays have started. Instead of the usual story and bed after dinner, there are performances!



We were told "Ladies and Gentleman, please be seated" So we sat on the cushions that had been neatly placed on the floor for the audience. The show began with a combination of finger and hand puppets popping up from behind the lounge. It was a variety show as such, with a snake eating a sheep and then a moose eating a snake. Rudolph sang 'jingle bells'. Some wise men and baby Jesus made an appearance. But the highlight for me for me was the closing act when this (top photo) bride and groom sang a duet of 'away in a manger'



We laughed so much, both the audience and the little performers. My heart filled with so much love that it almost burst. That has been happening a lot around here over this last week.

Merry, merry times.

1 comment:

  1. I love puppet shows. My mum has bought Lucy a puppet for christmas so maybe we will be treated to some shows too. The latest in our house has been Olivers magic tricks - and boy they make us laugh. Mum has bought him a magic book and trick set so I think there will be lots more laughter to follow. As long as he doesn't make something disappear !

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...