Saturday, December 4, 2010

A perfect end to the week



Every Friday, we meet Spunky Monkey's best friend for a play date in the park near our home. Yesterday was just as fun as always, but the best part of our day was after the rain came. We got soaked!

After running home in the torrential rain, all three of us stripped off our wet clothes in the hallway and headed for a hot shower in my room. On getting dry, we put on our cosy pajama's, crawled into my unmade bed and under the covers. Miss Moo Moo grabbed a handful of new library books and we read them all by lamplight. I knew it was getting late and that I should be getting dinner ready, but I feel like I never have this kind of quality time with the children, so the routine went out the window. Mr Moo came home and heated up the dinner while we finished our stories. After dinner, we cuddled up again on the couch and watched "the Wombles." Bliss!

We ate, later than normal, the kids got to bed, later than normal, but does it really matter?

My heart is still smiling.

2 comments:

  1. This post was a pure delight to read.
    I love that you enjoyed the spontaneity with your children and you evoked such lovely images.

    I have to follow your blog it is such a beautiful space, starting with you luminous header, the title oh and of course the Wombles, I had completely forgotten about these little fellows until just now.

    Enjoy your weekend,

    Felicity x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the best excuse for a late dinner and bedtime! What a beautiful moment to have with the kids! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog - I so appreciate you stopping by, and would love to see if you give the decorations a try!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...