Saturday, December 4, 2010

The tree is up!

This week, in between running errands, play dates and drinking tea with some very lovely ladies, I have been trying to get my house in order ready for Christmas. The stockings have been hung and the christmas countdown calender is up.







On Tuesday morning, before going off to work, Mr Moo and the kids put up the christmas tree. It was a beautiful sunny morning. Bing Crosby's christmas carols were playing and I made blueberry pancakes.









On Wednesday morning, before going off to work, the kids and I decorated the christmas tree. It was a beautiful rainy morning. Bing Crosby's christmas carols were playing and Mr Moo made blueberry pancakes.

As for this weekend, I have plans for 'the big clean', cleaning and tidying the pantry, the fridge and the freezer, dusting in high places that are usually ignored and vacuuming under the lounge, that kind of big clean. Next week, I want to get back to my long neglected, handmade christmas list.

I hope I can get to the cleaning. It's still pouring rain here, lazy weather. Mr Moo is making scrambled eggs and coffee. We are then off to the farmers market, a birthday party and tonight a christmas pageant.

Hmmm, there is always tomorrow! I hope you are having a happy and productive Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. your tree looks lovely, isn't it fun getting all the decorations out. I had plans for all sorts of things today, started with a hiss and roar doing some christmas shopping but slowly faded as the afternoon and two ratty kids wore on! oh well there's always tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree looks huge!!! Plenty of room for lots of Decorations....We just putting the finishing touches on ours today....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you have lots of different decorations, not just the one theme or the one colour. Ours is like that too. Most of the time, someone can point out a decoration on our tree and say "Tell me about that one", and Mum and I can say where we got it from, why we got it, how old it is and what we were thinking or doing at the time. Every decoration on our tree means the world to us.

    I love the cooking too. I do genuinely help my mum with the cooking now, as opposed to the kind of help that actually means getting underfoot. We make Christmas Cakes, Christmas pudding, cheese straws, sausage rolls, mince pies, and we love it. More recently, we decided to have a go at cookie mixes in jars and gingerbread houses. And one year, we decided to try making some truffles of our own, as well as buying Christmas chocolates.

    And I know, no matter how old I get, I'll always want to be up to my eyes in Christmas. I'm in my twenties now, and my mum still reads "The Night Before Christmas" to me on Christmas Eve. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...