Thursday, December 30, 2010

Handmade Christmas - next year


(image from here)

Christmas is over for another year. Tomorrow we will take down the christmas tree and pack away the decorations. I want to say thank-you again to Tracy for hosting the Handmade Christmas Challenge. I had all of the best intentions in September when I willingly put up my hand for her challenge, but during the months of October and November, our little world got so very busy, leaving me with little time for crafting. But what I did manage, was to have my christmas shopping all done by the beginning of December. This is a first for me. And with the exception of books, all of the presents under the tree, were either hand made by me or handmade by someone else. This made me very happy.

However, there were many things on the christmas handmade list that did not get made. Here is the list of things I would like to have done by next christmas!



• I love these jar jumpers (sweaters) and crocheted garland from 'dottie angel'. "How to's" can be found here and here. Of course I will need to learn how to crochet first. A minor detail.





• embroider some linen napkins for our christmas table, I love these from 'mousehouse'



• make these felted christmas trees from 'purl bee'



• embroider christmas aprons, something like this from' red, red completely red.'



• embroider pillows for the children, maybe something like this, from 'cats and quilts'



• I love these from 'smiley sunday', since I've never cross stitched, I might just have to buy these!





• make some christmas decorations, something like this from 'light blue grey'. So beautiful.



• make a snowflake garland like this one from 'little glowing lights'. Oh how I wish I had a mantlepiece. Snowflake templates can be found here.



• make christmas decorations like these, from 'mom in madison'



• make a simple countdown calender to countdown the days just like this one from red, red, completely red.

• make these snow globes with the kids.

• make origami star garlands like these for the windows.

• I love these gift ideas, a photo book, something like this or this and photo pillows

• make a new countdown (advent) calender. Our is made from paper bags and after fours years is looking a little worst for wear. See a picture of our current countdown calender here.

2 comments:

  1. There is always next year for more Handmade Christmas craft!! Happy New Year, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those ideas make me want to start straight away!!

    I wish you and your family a Happy, Healthy and Creative 2011!

    Lieve groet, Madelief

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...