Saturday, December 18, 2010

Birthday craft



After the adventures of the last few days, I had completely forgotten to show you the gift I had made for my cousin's birthday.



Inspired, once again by Amanda, I made this simple fabric and embroidery wall hanging. Seven flowers for the members of Karen's special family and fabric and thread chosen to match her home.



I also forgot to mention, my children's excitement at our unexpected farm stay. I think that they had thought that Christmas had come early.

They were so happy playing with their cousins. They were in the cubie, down at the chicken coop, in the sandpit, playing dress-ups, playing playdough, sharing countdown calender chocolates, chasing the chickens, on the swings, on the see-saw, up at the shed, down at the tennis court, collecting eggs, wandering around the paddock, eating tomatoes from the vine, patting the quails, bouncing on the trampoline, playing with new toys and eating ice-cream with chocolate topping.

They didn't want to come home.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like your kids had a ball. I really love your embroidery it so simple but SO lovely, i bet your cousin loved it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this. It's so effective and fresh. You've chosen such lovely fabrics. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Yes! Yes! I LOVE IT! The bestest present ever....Perfect colours...Perfect design...Perfect Gift...Thank you SO Much! Can't wait till next birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the embroidery. Another thing to put on my to do list. Was just showing my Mum your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just gorgeous and what an awesome gift! Love the seven flowers and made me think of my seven cherubs :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...