Saturday, December 11, 2010

Santa's little helper



Who can believe it? Spunky Monkey's first year of school has finished. Yesterday was his last day of Prep, but Thursday was his official break-up day. It was a really fun day, Miss Moo Moo and I went in to help for half the day. There was a picnic lunch to share (thanks mum's), party games were played and gifts were given. Rum balls for the teachers and candy canes for the kids. I'm not a big fan of candy canes in the house at christmas time, but you weren't anybody, if you weren't giving out candy cane's at school this year.

I told Spunky Monkey I would make a little bag to take the candy canes to school in. It would say 'Santa's Little Helper'.



"Mum, you know the kids in my class can't read" he said very matter of fact. I made it any way.



I used these A4 printable fabric sheets, for one side of the bag. I bought mine from my local patchwork store. I scanned this vintage card, added the words and printed, easy.



Then on the other side, I used this japanese christmas fabric left over from some projects last year.

I was very proud of my efforts, whipped up before school. But in the end, the bag was left in the car. I asked Spunky Monkey, was it not cool enough? He was so diplomatic in his answer.

"I really like it Mum, it's just that I don't want to take it in today."

Ah well, perhaps Miss Moo will use it next year. I had fun making it and happy to have a new love - printing fabric sheets.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool - what a great effort and lovely end result x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...